Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday Inside

Today I stayed inside all day...partly because I had stuff to do and also because it was stormy outside. It rained and SNOWED all day. It was only slushy snow...so nothing that stuck in the valley. I just can't believe that it's snowing in September! It's crazy!!! So, I slept in really late because hello it's Saturday. Then all I did all day was work on a school project (while watching movies and Friends) and I cooked. I made tortellini for lunch and then I made a chocolate cake and enchilada pie for dinner. It was all delicious of course. I also took a picture of me doing my school work so you can see all the crap that I have (now that I have a table it's not as messy but I use to spread all my crap all over the floor and couch etc.). It takes a lot of time to do my school projects and a lot of junk. Paper, fodder, glue, tape, spray mount, foam core, fabric, finish samples, markers, etc. Obviously, I'm just in the middle of my project so not everything is out.

Not trying to get pity I just don't think I've ever shared what goes into my projects. It's a lot of work and gets totally old...especially because you do tons of work for a two minute presentation and a stupid grade that is totally unfairly given. It's frustrating because it's not like math where there is always a right answer...so the teacher totally holds your grade in you hands. Can you tell I am sick of school? Sorry for all the wining. I do enjoy interior design...it can be really fun but projects can get really old...they give you so many!

On a more positive note. I am really enjoying being "domestic" and cooking more often. I try to cook as often as I can. We haven't been out to eat since my B'day...trying to save money and be healthier. (minus the chocolate cake)
here is my beautiful enchilada pie and my chocolate cake...with home made frosting.
I'm smiling in the picture but inside I'm totally sick of drawing!

3 comments:

Monson Family said...

What the?!? Do you speak portugeuse?

Fun pics! Way to be domestic!

Tricia said...

Who is your new friend Crescent? That is too funny. I like it when people show pictures of their cooking, but where is your recipe?!?! Damon loves mexican food so any new enchilada recipe is always fun. I remember the good old days of projects. Education is the same with with tons of crap and project just different stuff! It will all be over sooon!

Tara said...

Yeah, what's up with that comment? You can go and delete it though! Wierd.
Anyway, it's fun to see pictures of you doing one of your projects...although I'm sure you ARE sick of them.
Yeah, I'm going to have to SECOND that request for the recipes. I'm hoping that your enjoying being so domestic rubs off on me too!