Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

NEW job!!!

So, last week I was checking job listings on my schools employment page and I was looking to see if there were any Interior Design jobs posted and there WAS! There was a new one that had just been posted that day for a design assistant. I called them Friday evening and sent them my resume that night and had an interview the next morning. The interview went really well and they said that they had one other applicant but that they would get back to me on Monday. I was really confident that they were going to hire me...they really seemed to like me a lot. (who wouldn't...wink wink) Anyway, I was waiting all day Monday for their call and then finally around 4:30pm while I was on the phone with Tara I got their call saying that they wanted me to join their team! Of course I said "YES!"
The store is called Noble House Interiors. They are a home furnishings store (they sell everything from furniture to rugs to art to lamps etc.) and they also offer design services. They have four senior Designers and one Assistant Designer (ME). So, my duties include helping with displays on the showroom floor (which I helped with today), assisting designers and client projects, helping walk in customers, and making sure inventory pricing is consistent (they have had problems with that and want to implement a new system and want me to be the leader in that endeavor.)
So, I got the job yesterday and I started today. It was really great. Everyone there is really nice. It is a mom and pops store and the owners are so sweet and of course family oriented. And yes the pay is good plus bonus's! I'm so blessed to have gotten this job...see there was a reason why I didn't get other jobs I applied for or lacked motivation to call on others. All in all it is a great job and I'm so excited about it!

5 comments:

Tara said...

CONGRATS! Fun that you took these pictures, because living in another state, we can't just go drive by where you work. Thanks. It sounds like a great job! I'm glad you found and got THAT one!!!

Monson Family said...

YEAH! Congradulations! That is so fun! You are too funny to take your pictures out front! He He! That sounds like it will be lots of fun! Good luck with everything, I know you will do great!

Tricia said...

New jobs are always fun and crazy at first. How fun. I'm glad the pay is so good too!!! The only problem I have with this job is if it takes away from you blog time! You better continue to post!!!! Enjoy work and congrats.

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Congrats girl! I'm glad you were able to find a job doing something that interests you. Work is just so hard when it's something you don't enjoy! Enjoy it!

David Stewart said...

Congrats on the new job! I know it will be a great one for you!

Dad