Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 1, 2007

Enchilada Pie

Per many requests here is the recipe for the enchilada pie that I made.

Ingredients:
Ground beef or turkey
chopped olives
red enchilada sauce
grated cheese
corn tortilla's

How to:
Preheat oven to 350. Then just cook up some ground beef or turkey in some taco seasoning. Drain and set aside. Get out 9x9 or 13x9 inch glass pan. Put corn tortilla's across the bottom of pan, then meat, cheese, olives, and sauce. Keep layering like a lasagna until full. Top off layer with tortilla's cheese, olives, and sauce. Place in oven at 350 for about 30minutes or until fully cooked. (really you are just heating everything up but there is a point where everything is perfectly melted together).

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Yummy, thanks! That is how Mom makes it right? I'll have to try it some time but I never remember to buy red sauce and olives. For some reason I always buy green sauce and chilies! Damon will like something new! I'm sure you won't be making that for a long time though. I hate when it's just the 2 of you and you make a big dish and you are so sick of it by the time it's gone or thrown out! I always do that with lasagna because I just can't make a small batch!

David Stewart said...

Yummm. Mom just made them for her mom & Joyce recently and I was able to have some too. I bet it would work with green sauce & chiles.

Amy G said...

Oh this does look good - I make something similar and sometimes I add refried beans or whole pinto beans into the meat mixture - just to add more fiber for my old colon! bwahaha

Amy G said...

oh and I agree with your dad - green sauce and chiles would be really good - and you could use chopped up chicken strips (like from costco) or leftover chicken - then it would be chicken enchilada casserole.