Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Stormy Weather

Last night around 6:30 pm a storm came BLOWING through down town Salt Lake. I was in class when in first started. It was zooming through the buildings (there are 3 buildings on campus)...it was so loud. It was screaming like a ban chi. When I was walking to my car the rain was blowing 1/2 way into the parking garage. As I was driving home (which isn't far at all) there were tons of large tree branches along the road and on the side of the road. It was an intense storm, thunder, lightning, high winds, rain, etc. When I got home from school at 7:15pm the power was out there. I guess he saw the nearby transformer blow up. SCARY!

Craig's friend Kiel was driving through town on his way back to school so he stopped by and we all went out to eat at the Olive Garden (since the power was out). We thought that the power would be back on when we got back but it wasn't. One of our neighbors told us that 52,000 people in Salt Lake were out of power. It was fixed some time during the night, while we were sleeping. Here is a little video that I took out our front door...doesn't really show the really intensity of the storm but still fun. (the talking is Craig directing Kiel into our apartment)

This morning the storm raged up a little again. It was raining heavily, with a little hail included, and CRAZY LOUD thunder! It was fun watching the storm from inside with the windows open and what not.

2 comments:

Tara said...

CRAZY! As long as you are safe and warm, it's fun to experience.
Next time I want to see a video clip of you runnin around campus DURING the storm screamin like a ban chi! That would have been halarious!! LOL :)

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I'm just glad you didn't capture the Rileys trying to brave the storm as we went running (as fast as I could run in sandals) past your place. We walked to the Stake Center that night, and we walked home during what I swear was the WORST part of the storm. By the time we passed your place, we were a pretty sorry sight.

I'm excited to keep checking your blog! Thanks for the info!