Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Memorial Day

I just did this page and wanted to add it.

For Memorial Day weekend we went up to Ventura. On Saturday after work all of the boys went to a soccer game in LA and I went out to dinner with an old friend (Brian Leseberg) from High School. On Sunday we went to church and then we went to Andrea's for lunch and then took a walk on the beach. Craig enjoyed playing in the water and we all enjoyed the view.


But what the boys did NOT enjoy was all of the TAR on their feet afterward. It was a LOT, which is unusual. But it was funny and an experience they've never had. They thought that I was lying to them when I told them you get it off with MAYONNAISE...it was pretty funny.
Later we played Luke's Washers and Craig and Devin made fresh lemonade for our BBQ. We had meat and FRESH halibut, delicious potatoes and much more. We had a relaxing evening and watch a movie.
On Monday (5/26) we decided to do some TOURISTY stuff since the boys had never seen some of the LA sights. We took the coastal route through Malibu to get to LA so we got to see the B-E-A-UTIFUL coastal line of California and we walked on the nice sandy beaches and drove by the Santa Monica Pier, the LA Temple, Rodeo Dr., and Hollywood and Vine. We enjoyed seeing the Hollywood SIGN. We then went to see the STARS at Mann's Grauman's Chinese Theater. After enjoying the craziness that is LA we went to UNIVERSAL city walk.
We ate dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and had fun times seeing the street performers and the fun stores. It was a GOOD weekend.

6 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Great pictures at the beach...funny the guys thought mayo was a joke. But it certainly DOES the trick...better than the old way...with turpentine: ICK! I could not bring myself to put that on our little kids to get the tar off. So glad when we discovered MAYO.

I know we had FUN with you guys here, and it looks like you had a great time doing the tourist thing in Hollywood, Santa Monica, and Universals....one week later universals had the big fire. Hey, did you drive by the temple too? What did ya'll think of Rodeo Drive?

Well, you played hard that weekend. I hope everyone is now working just as hard! Bring on those sales!

Craig said...

yes we did drive by the Temple...I added that into my post. Thanks for reminding me MOM. 143

Conlin Family said...

It looks like you had a fun and busy weekend! I'm jealous that you went to the beach, but not so much about the tar...they got tar from walking on the beach? I'm confused...but that's not hard to do.
I hope you're doing well and everything's going well with the business.
Love you guys!

Monson Family said...

Fun times! Funny about the mayo! That is so fun times you had! The pictures are fun! I love the touristy ones!

Tara said...

Love all the fun pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time. LOVE it all!!

Sharon said...

Thanks for the new posting. I'm kind of behind on everything with going out of town for almost 2 weeks so I'll be putting up lots of pics soon. Your memorial day weekend looks like lots of fun and I also love the patio furniture!