Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Calling

A few weeks after we got to the DESERT I got called as the Young Women's Camp Director for our ward. So I will be going to Girls Camp this summer. Here they like to certify the girls in as much as they can before they go to camp...which I think is a little strange but whatever. So we are having a few mutual nights before we go to camp that are camp activity nights to certify them in some of the area's that they need done. So this past Tuesday (6/24) was my first CAMP activity that I was in charge of. So each year needs to pass off different certifications so I had to plan 4 different activities in one. So the things that we were going to pass off that night was 1-knots, 2-Signaling for HELP, 3-Emergency Shelters, and 4-Bed rolls. We had a great time, it turned out really well. We even had time after to play a little game so it was a successful night! Now we have 2 more camp activities before we go to camp the last week of July.




5 comments:

Tricia said...

Super fun girls camp! I remember passing off most stuff before camp too. Where do you go for camp will it be hot or away from the desert?

Monson Family said...

What a fun time! I am no excited fo our YW camp...I am just annoyed! It looks like your night was a success!! Great work!

Gramma Stewie said...

You are a FUN YW leader for the girls in your ward....they are lucky to have you! Looks like you 'got the job done' in a fun way! (and in the air conditioned building too...smart). Did you find out the name of the camp? And what mountain city it is in? I wonder if it is the camp I used to go to in the mountains? Let us know when you find out. You will have fun at camp, cuz you won't have to certify and stuff. Just keep the girls out of trouble....

Sharon said...

I know those girls must love being with you, but do you like to camp?*S* Maybe when camp is over you'll be asked to help do other specialty activities? When we lived in Sandy, UT I got to be the "sports" person So I got to coach volleyball, basketball and softball; it was so much fun. Do they have Sports there? They don't up here and I miss that!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

With your personality I think you're soo the right person for the job!! Good luck and lots of it!