Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Hand Update

So Craig is doing well. He doesn't have much pain. If he isn't actively moving his had there is no pain so he does not need any pain medication...not even Advil. As you will see he has a HUGE blister on his middle finger which is starting to leak. He has some other blisters but no as bad. He went to the doctor on Thursday but picking a doctor from a list is like Russian Roulette and we lost. The doctor barely even looked at his hand and didn't answer any of Craig's questions. He just kept on saying "let nature take it's course." Then Craig asked if the Doctor could look at his bad toe (it was stepped on a few times playing basketball and we are just waiting for the nail to fall off). So Craig wanted to know if he should do anything else and the doctor said he didn't like feet and referred Craig to a podiatrist. LAME! So we are taking good care of it...doing what the ER doctors told us to do and putting the ointment on his burn and keeping it wrapped.

Here is a picture...hope it doesn't gross anyone out. The first picture is from Friday, June 20: The second picture is Saturday afternoon-mind you he worked today so he was more active and the reason why it's shiny is because there is an ointment on it (his prescription) But the blisters are getting worse and he has more today than he has ever had. YUCK!
I know that you are all curious of how Craig is doing...thanks for everyones concern. We love you all!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Sorry you got a lameo Dr.! I'm glad the ER took good care of him. The hand doesn't look too nasty in the picture, I was nervous to scroll down!! So glad he is doing well and hope this doesn't interfear with games on the BIG screen Wii!

Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cyndi said...

it looks worse in person...but yeah I guess it's not too disgusting. Tricia...I like you comment about the Wii games...your silly.

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Oh... I hate picking out doctors from a list of names. We've lost on that game a few times too. And too bad if he doesn't like feet... he should've looked at it anyway. What a loser. Anyway, from a nurses point of view, I think it's healing nicely.

Sharon said...

How do some doctors get their licenses? It doesn't look TOO bad, but I hope it continues to heal quickly. I guess now would be a good time to find a good doctor, huh? There is a website that you can check out doctors but I can't remember the name of it(what's new?*S*). Love you both!

Conlin Family said...

I'm glad he's not in much pain anymore. I would have been mad at that doctor...what a lazy man for not looking at his toe.
Hope everything else is going well!

The Anderson's said...

OUCH!!! Craig that looks like it hurts a lot. I really wanted to get a barbeque for our backyard but now I'm questioning it after seeing your hand. I hope you feel better soon. Cyndi, the flowers are doing great except for my bleeding heart. It's almost totally dead. I'll have to send you some pictures. Well, we miss you tons. Talk to you soon.