Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2 YEAR Anniversary!


Tuesday May 13th was our 2 year anniversary!!!! Because we just started a new business we were not able to go away for our anniversary but that does NOT mean that we did not have a GREAT time. Since we didn't have all day to play we decided to do something local that we had never done before (well actually I did it when I was really little but I don't remember a thing). We drove to Palm Springs and took the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway up the mountain. It was so fun! It is the largest tram in the WORLD! They also just updated the trams so that the floor inside rotates so you get to see a new view each time. It's really neat. The ride is about 10 minutes long, and when we got to the top of the mountain we went to the look-out points to see the view of the valley. They say that on a clear day you can see MEXICO from there. It was a little foggy so we could only see the valley. We then took a little hike through the mountains. It was so beautiful and the smell of the trees was so refreshing. After our little hike/walk we headed back down the mountain to go out to lunch. We drove through downtown Palm Springs and stopped at a Mexican restaurant called Mariposa. It was delicious...really good chips and salsa. Luck for me there was a See's Candy right across the street so we went over there after lunch and bought a half pound of chocolate. YUMMY!











After our short adventure and lunch we had to get to work. After work we had a nice quiet evening at home. A simple dinner, and delicious Martinellies in our beautiful glasses from our wedding that our friends made for us. They say Bride and Groom on one side, both of our names on the other, and around the bottom it has our wedding date. The boys (who are living with us for the summer) were nice enough to give us the house for the evening...they went out and did who knows what. It was so nice to just have a relaxing evening. It was a WONDERFUL anniversary.

12 comments:

Monson Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun celebration!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

The time flies, huh? I remember going on that tram a long long time ago and whats funny is I don't remember going on the tram at all. I just remember these Asians getting in a huge pushing and yelling match in the lobby area. Funny. Anyway, I'm glad that you guys were able to celebrate somehow! Yeah, and I don't believe for a moment that all you did was "relax" that evening! ;) Happy 2nd Anni!

Conlin Family said...

2 years wow! It looks like you had a great anniversary!

Gramma Stewie said...

Had to lol at the end of Sawyers comment...what does she mean???? What??? My daughter???? just kidding....

Anyway, what a wonderful anniversary you shared...and you got See's Candy...that tops it off! How cute to use your beautiful goblets from your wedding.

Craig never ceases to amaze me in his poses for the camera. I love it that he can be so creative with his posing. My Dad used to be like that a bit...

Anyway my FAV pictures are the ones of Craig in the 'rock cave' and him 'connecting the tree stumps'. Wow, how did he do that?
You guys are FUN! Happy 2nd Anniversary! Love you guys!

Tricia said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you guys had a fun day and night to celebrate.

Jodi said...

Happy Anniversary, I can't believe that these last 2 years have flown by so quickly! Enjoy yourselves, your new home, and business. You two have done a lot in the last two years to be proud of!

David Stewart said...

looks like you had a great time! Can not believe it has been two years let alone that you are old enough to be married!

Dad

Heather Anne said...

Hey there my friends! Congratulations... I am SO excited for you! 2 Years... that is fabulous! Well, I hope you are doing well... Cynthia you are so sweet... thanks for being my friend! Love ya tuns... Heather

Chrissie said...

Happy Anniversary! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Today is our 2-year anniversary, too--we might steal some of your ideas! :)

Sharon said...

I'm so glad that ya'll had a great anniversary. It doesn't seem like 2 years! (but then that was already said, huh?*S*). I love you both!!!!

Heather Anne said...

Hey.. just saw your comment on the Red Butte photos... it's funny how we live here, but never go see any of the "sights"... anyway, I bet there is a tun of fab sights to see in Palm Springs... I bet it's beautiful there!

Tricia said...

Is it STILL your anniversayr!?!?