Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, September 26, 2008

Recycle

So I have been collecting my empty water bottles and cans all summer and every time I attempt to take them to the recycle center they are not open. So today we were coming back from some errands (including buying a nice new office chair...hooray!) and saw that they were open so I went home loaded up the ENTIRE trunk (it was 6 full trash bags) and headed on my way.

The sad thing is I didn't make a LOT of money because they don't count each bottle they weigh it so I think I got jipped (what if my bottles weigh less than others) but the up side is that I have $19.30 that I didn't have before! And I get to spend it all on me because Craig doesn't like to recycle so since I do it I get to reap all the benefits. So now I've got to figure out what I WANT to buy with my new found MONEYS!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Your car looks so funny fully of trash bags! HAHA.
Good job on recycling!

Tricia said...

Great job! Glad they were finally open. Yeah, it's frustrating when you have so much stuff and don't even get $20! Good luck spending your money, you could get a new shirt at Target. :)

Monson Family said...

Next time, leave a little water in some. :) Great job!!!

Janean said...

thats hilarious.. i love how its your money since craigaroo hates mother earth... ps your haircut is soo cute, way more fresh and bubbly.. more cyndi-ish

Gramma Stewie said...

As Dad would say "that is 'found money'". (money that you wouldn't have normally had...had you not 'saved the planet'...single-handedly from the looks of your trunk) :)
Enjoy your little 'extra', whatever it may be. We always love that recycle money too...you do a good thing, and get a bit of cash-o-la! I like the picture of the cash.

Emily said...

Ha ha! I've tried to talk Jeff into doing the same thing, but, he too, is unsupportive. He says that we can do it when we have more room, but doesn't think that it's worth it now. We've tried to do "our part" by purchasing bags at the store instead of using plastic ones, but I forget to bring them with us to reuse them! Ahhh! Your hair really does look way cute. I love it!