Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good bye MOP

So if you are an avid reader of my blog you know that back in April I go a perm so that I could have more body and grow my hair out longer because I ALWAYS have short hair (because my hair is so thin it looks all scraggly). Anyway, my hair is FREAKIN' LONG now and it is starting to DRIVE ME CRAZY. This is the longest I have had my hair since 4th or 5th grade (um...that is a LONG time). So here is my before pictures...a few wet so you can see how long it really is...

and I know for some people that is not long at all but if you know me you know that this is LONG for me. It usually never touches my shoulders let alone go a few inches past them.
Those pictures are from the last FULL day of having long hair. And these are from today. Before I went to the salon:
and AFTER: Good bye to that MOP of hair!
So the haircut looks ok and I like it but I am a little angry inside, because I am new to the area so I don't know any hair dressers but my neighbor is one so I went to her...well NEVER again. She did a horrible job. It is NOTHING like what I wanted. I wanted a few layers in the back and then a little longer in the front, some soft sweeping long bangs and I got NONE of that. Instead I got a bob and then I asked for more layers and she cute tons of layers and way to short and the banks are freaking ugly and a big chunk instead of soft sweeping...I'm just a little mad right now. I know the haircut will be fine and I will like it more tomorrow and I am glad to have short hair again but I am angry that it is not what I asked for. She is no good and then on top of it all she charged a LOT for a crappy haircut. I am ticked. I should have gone to Tara's girl (I didn't b/c I thought she didn't want anymore clients...come to find out I was wrong she just doesn't want many appointments a day so you might have to wait longer for an appointment...Darn!) Sorry for the VENTING...but I've got to let it out.
Please tell me you like it so I don't feel so bad about it. Thanks! :o)

10 comments:

Tara said...

Atleast from the picture it DOES look cute. But I understand when it's not what you wanted...that's so frusterating.
Next time you HAVE to go to Kim, she's great!

Gramma Stewie said...

You look ADORABLE! I love it! It is so hard to get a haircut that is not what you wanted. But only YOU know it was not what you wanted. You look happy and beautiful with this haircut! Don't worry too much about this, and the good thing we all know is: IT WILL GROW OUT....and then you can go to Tara's gal. Blog is a good place to vent. You look cute!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Cyndi, I like it! I'm not too sure of the picture you had in your mind but I think you look adorable. And even if you don't like it... it will grow back. But I do the same thing after I get mine done. I think my hair looks horrible and then it grows on me. No pun intended. You'll get used to it and realize it's not as bad as you thought it was.

Tricia said...

I think it looks totally cute even though it's not what you wanted. I never know what I want and let them do whatever so I'm never disapointed! You should have done this before the HOT summer! I hate long hair when it's so hot.

Monson Family said...

So cute! Don't be dramatic!! Just kidding! I think it is great!! It'll be nice to do your own hair and do it the way you like it!!

Conlin Family said...

Wow, your hair did get really long! I think we have the same problem with our hair being too thin to grow out.
I like your new short haircut. It looks great to me! It's okay to vent..I can see how you would be mad not getting the haircut you wanted.
It's good to see you blogging more. I love reading your posts!

Jodi said...

Sorry so late to respond, but I think you look cute. I have no idea what your hair looked like before you did damage control, but the photo you posted makes your hair look great, healthy, and full.

Sharon said...

Actually Cindy, before I read your post, I thought it was cute. But I know what you mean about not getting what you think you're going to get! You look cute in short hair(but you looked cute in long hair, too) I hope you're feeling better about the whole thing and next time make an appointment in advance with Tara's hair stylist so you can get what you want!*S*

The Anderson's said...

I love the haircut cyndi!! And the post about the milk is hilarious. Matt and I do stuff like that quite often. You guys look like you're keeping busy with the business which is great. I hope all is well. I noticed you needed to post about girls camp. Are you in the Young Womens? If you are that so fun.

Heather Anne said...

Hey there friend...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair short!!! It look so cute! :D