Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 22, 2007

Salt Lake Sunday

On Sunday in the morning I woke up a little before Craig and wanted to make him some breakfast...I was going to make pancakes from scratch but then I realised I didn't have any syrup and thinking back to making syrup how it's basically all sugar I thought I could make that too until I realized that I needed Maple flavoring!!! So I called my parents to double check and then my dad told me that Mom had made Popeye Pancakes for them so I decided to copy them. So Here are my Popeye Pancakes before they cooled (that's my favorite part about them...that they get all tall and crazy first).
After Breakfast and getting ready for church we walked over to the church (as usual) but the doors where locked and all the lights were out in the church!!! We then realized that it was stake conference. So we walked back home and got into our car and drove over to temple square. We didn't know what time it started b/c we were both out of town last Sunday and missed the announcement. Anyway long story short we asked some people and it hadn't started yet...we were just on time. It was held in the Assembly Hall at Temple Square. It was neat...except they were having problems with the sound system so we really didn't hear much of the speakers.

After Conference we decided to drive out to see the GREAT SALT LAKE! We have never been before (well I sort of went once for a YW thing but we didn't go down to the water...we were just at the Salt Air). So it was fun. We went down to the "Marina" which is so tiny! We walked down to the water and we even put our finger in it and then licked our fingers to see just how salty it was...and WHOOO-EEE is it salty!

So as we are in the parking lot looking down at the shoreline we see all this white stuff and we both say "SALT" and we were talking about how we should have brought zip-lock bags for salt and then when we get down there,.,.

Come to find out it's just BUBBLES!This area looked like a little Jacuzzi it was a small enclosed area with rocks and a bunch of bubbles...it made me really miss the hot tub at our old complex.
I had fun taking pictures of all the suds. I don't know why I was so fascinated with them...but they were so pure and white.
Here is my cute boy with the snowy mountains behind him. It is like winter here already. I hate it. It should not be snowing!!!!
All in all it was a fun little adventure!

7 comments:

Monson Family said...

EEWWWW! What are the bubbles from! That is crazy and for some reason in kind of grosses me out! That Salt Lake is crazy! Fun pictures and a fun Sunday!

Tara said...

LOVE the pictures. I never knew that those were bubbles wither...we just drove around when we "explored" there...it was too cold to get out of the car. I'm with Lanae, that I wonder what the bubbles are from? and I'm a little nervous to find out.

David Stewart said...

Your Popeye pancake looks good. Makes me want to have it again!

Looks like you had fun at the lake!

Tricia said...

Ok, after looking at your blog about 100 times since you posted this picture I think I am going to make popeye pancakes tomorrow and top it with some of the yummy strawberry jam I made this summer! Thanks for the inspiration. Yeah, the Salt Lake looks nasty!

Cyndi said...

Tricia...that is what we topped out Popeye pancakes with (your strawberry Jam). It was DELICIOUS! Thanks again for sharing some with us. We really enjoyed it...it's gone now. :o( Sad story.

The Anderson's said...

Oooh ooh, can we play? We wanna play. We can sing songs and play Monopoly! Yup!

Gramma Stewie said...

In all the years I lived in Utah (and the many, many visits back to Utah), I have NEVER been to the Great Salt Lake! It looks incredibly interesting to me....bubbles, weird. I think it looks like SALT too...or Snow. What an amazing afternoon you captured on 'film' (I know digital, but it is a saying). And your Popeye Pancakes look divine! Good job!