Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

What I do

I thought I would share some of what I do at work and school....as you all know I have a new job...I am an assistant designer there. My duties include helping walk in customers, pricing out new inventory and putting it in the register, designing the floor (and keeping it that way), and helping with client projects/going on client meetings/pulling fabrics, furniture, etc for client projects.

A few nights ago I was working on clearing out the floor...the store had gotten extremely cluttered and you couldn't even see all of the great products that we sell so I spent the evening (i was working a closing shift) cleaning up the floor...re-organizing things and making it look pretty! I was so excited with what I did that I took a few pictures of what I rearranged. Here they are:

in both of these pictures (above and below) you couldn't even walk into these groupings (they are across from eachother). It was crazy...stuff everywhere but it's getting better by the day and we have sold a lot more products since we've cleaned up the clutter and put are up on the wall etc.
This table was covered with lamps and all kinds of stuff!!! You couldn't even see that there was a beautiful table underneath. Now you can see the beauty!
At school I'm constantly doing PROJECTS! Let me tell you it gets old...I'm so over school (I know we've all been there). But here is a project that I did (the one I was working on in the previous post). So you know a little about what you are looking at...we had to design a waiting room for a co. that sold medical products. We were giving the floorplan and we had to design a custom desk for the receptionist (that is what the elevations are). We of course had to pick out all the furniture and finishes and do the space planning.
I was going for a kind of Feung Shui feeling by bringing in the elements (metal, earth, water, plants, etc.)

Anyway....those two things take up a lot of my time....then I also tutor AutoCAD a lot too. Crazy life running around workin'

3 comments:

Tara said...

Love that you share the different things that consume your day...it's fun to see what you do!!

Monson Family said...

That looks great! Good job on the project! I see the cork flooring...LOVE it! It is WAY cool!

David Stewart said...

Great job on merchandising the store! You deserve a raise

Dad