Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stake Temple Night

Last night (1/9) was our Stake Temple night and Craig and I went with a friend of ours Shad Lamm (He is the Elders Quorum Pres. and Craig is the 2nd Counselor). We were VERY excited to go because it was our first time back to the Redlands Temple since May 13, 2006 (Our WEDDING day). It was so nice to be at that Temple again. We got there a little late so we did sealings instead of an endowment session and I am SO glad we did...here is why: First of all we were in one of the smaller sealing rooms and the sealer was a Bro. Donald Bigler. My sister is a Bigler so we talked to him for a few minutes and he knows Jon's (my bro in law) parents Bert and Kris Bigler. They are related down the line a little bit but it was fun that he knew them. And he told me "You tell your sister to come down and visit me at the Temple." So Tara...I guess I will have to give you a free baby sitting night so you and Jon can go do some sealings with your relative.
The second reason why it was SO wonderful was that after we had spent about a half and hour with Bro. Bigler he needed to be somewhere else so they sent us to the BIG sealing room on the other side of the Temple, which was the room that Craig and I got sealed in...HOORAY! And on top of that all the sealer in that room...his name sounded strangely familiar...Bro. Sorenson...he SEALED Craig and I. We verified this when we spoke with him asking if he had been the Temple President at the LA Temple and he said YES! So we knew it was him!!! It was so need to be in the Temple that we got sealed in 2.5+ years ago, in the same sealing room with the same sealer, doing the work for other....SUCH a GREAT experience!!!! So, we spoke with him a little bit more afterwards and he said that we look familiar and he asked me "Is he being good to you?" and of COURSE I said YES! It was a GREAT night.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Cyndi, what a great experience! Do you think it was really a "coincidence" that the man who sealed you & Craig 2 1/2 yrs ago was in the temple on the same night that you & Craig went to do sealings for other people?*S* Life can be good, huh? I hope you're feeling good. Enjoy this time! Miss you and Love you!

Conlin Family said...

That's great that you were able to go back to the temple you were sealed in! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience! Hope you guys are doing good. Love ya!

Emily said...

That is so awesome! I can't believe that it's already been 2.5+ years since we were getting ready for our weddings. What fun thoughts! I'm glad that Craig continues to treat you well. You guys are a match made in heaven!

Tara said...

How awesome, and seriously...what are the odds?

Gramma Stewie said...

Of course it was 'meant to be'...that special evening...some wonderful stories you shared with me on the phone! Love it!

I totally enjoyed reminising with your wedding pictures on the post. It was truly a marvelous day! Yep, match made in heaven for sure!

Amy G said...

small world - Pres. Sorenson is the man who sealed Aaron and me - he was great!

Amy G said...

small world - Pres. Sorenson is the man who sealed Aaron and me - he was great!