Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Venture to VENTURA

I have been wanting to go home to Ventura to visit my parents for a while and now my Gramps is living with them for a few months and so I of course wanted to go up there while he was in town. Then I found out that my sister Tricia was coming to town...SO...I told Craig that I have to go. Since Tara and I live next to each other we decided to go up together. So on Friday (7/25) Tara, Allie, Cricket, and I drove to LA together to meet up with Tricia, Shane, Trevor, and Mom at Griffith Park. The kids enjoyed the Train and Pony rides and we all enjoyed a nice picnic. We then drove to another part of the park were we rode the Merry-go-round and played at a park named Shane's Inspiration. It was such a fun day at the park. After that we went to Ikea and drove back to Ventura.


On Saturday we dug through some boxes in the garage (the goal was to get boxes of fabric to split up between everyone) we found some fun things, lots of memories and stories to be told. Even when we reached our goal of the fabric and started sorting through that there were TONS of stories and memories. There was even fabric from my MOMS prom dress!!!
Saturday we also went to a fun Pioneer Day stake event. They put alot into it and we all had fun seeing old friends. The rest of the weekend was just fun with the family. We had a BBQ of course on Sunday and it was a WONDERFUL weekend!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

We did have a super fun time! I love that picture of Trevor. My favorite part of the day was when Trevor had Cricket in the back of the stoller with him!

Gramma Stewie said...

Oh yeah, that was the FIRST time we 'met Cricket' wasn't it? Such a little cute puppy....I just remembered how you couldn't go on the train ride with "a dog" and they made you sit that one out...sorry, but you were a good "mommy" and took it well.

That was a perfect day....well, almost perfect (if Lanae was there with her girls, it would be PERFECT). But close as you can get to perfection! Everything was so much fun that day. Shane, we will visit your park again for sure, OK? I can't wait! 143