Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Labor Day ADVENTURES

For Labor Day weekend my parents and Gramps came down to our house for 2 reasons, to celebrate my upcoming birthday and to hear me sing at church (and to just have fun with the BB's aka Broadhead's and Bigler's).
They got here Saturday morning. We hung out for a while and then mom and I made a delicious dessert for later and then Tara and Allie came over and we had lunch and hung out. Then all the girls went SHOPPING at the DOLLAR TREE and SAM'S Club. It was fun! We then went home and picked up the boys to go out to dinner at Don Diego's to Celebrate my Birthday! It was so fun and YUMMY! There was also a guitar player/singer guys at the restaurant and he came over and sang to us for a while and gave Allie and I some maracas to shake while he sang me a birthday song. I was wearing a yellow shirt so when he sang the Birthday song he said "happy birthday Mellow Yellow" it was some Good Times. After dinner the GIRLS went to the pool and the boys stayed home and watched sports (or something)...us girls love to go play at the pool...we are water babies. After that we came home and had the delicious dessert (which was a Peanut Butter Chocolate Tart from "Aunt Martha") which is to die for and we watched the movie "What Happens In Vegas." It was a fun filled Saturday.
Sunday we had a delicious breakfast, relax for a while and then went off to church. I got to sing for the first time in our new ward. I sang "Oh Lord, My Redeemer" it was a wonderful experience. After church Tara, Jon, and Allie came over for dinner. We had YUMMY salmon, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a delicious salad. We watched Penelope. It was such a nice day.

(no pictures right now from when M&D were there...my Mom took a few pics but I haven't gotten them from her yet...sorry)

My parents had to leave Monday morning :o( but we had some fun times with them. After they left Craig and I got some work done and then we met up with TJandA jumped in their Jeep and started out on some FUN adventures.
Here is what we did 1-went to Bombay Beach, 2-Saw Salvation Mountain, 3-drove through Slab City, 4-drove to the beach (Salton Sea), 5-looked at the MUD pots, 6-attempted to go to the bat caves, 7-checked out a SWEET oasis, and FINALLY 8-went home had Pizza and "cold stones" ice cream.

Photos: Here is the boys (Craig and Jon) at the top and Allie and I on our way up.


And Tara and I at the top of Salvation Mountain. It is such a crazy place this was all done by one man. He has painted this whole mountain and made other structures out of hay and sticks and who knows what else and then paints it. KOOKABERRY!Here is a scrapbook page that I did about it. (Credits-all products by Crissy Armstrong @ A5D)

Here is the Slab City bulletin board, and they have their own church, concert stage, and bar. It is just a bunch of people living in trailers and buses and who knows what else but they don't have to pay for the land so that is why they all gather there its a bunch of cracked out hippies and crazy people.The mud pots were really cool. The boys had so much fun kicking some of the hard mud into the gurgling mud to make it gurgle MORE.



Here is the oasis. The sad thing is is that there was a fire there recently so it's not as beautiful as it use to be. All the palm tree's were black on the outside and the water was a little dark, but it was still really fun to see.
We had such a fun weekend. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming down....and thanks Tara and Jon for taking us on such a fun adventure.

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

if you read the journaling on the scrapbook page I know there are typos...I just haven't fixed it yet. I did the page SUPER fast because I needed to get it in at a deadline for a challenge.

Tricia said...

I can hardly see you guys with all that junk! Trevor just came up and saw the picture of you and Allie and said, "Thats me and that is mommy!" Maybe this kid needs some glasses. I so want to go to that junk pile next time we are there.

Heather Anne said...

Hey cute stuff! I have to tell you that I completely admire you for being able to keep up with your blog.... good work!!!
You guys look like you are having a blast! Miss you... keep in touch!

ps... your mom is the sweetest.... she wrote me the NICEST comment ever on my blog... made me tear up a bit.... you are lucky... she seems like such a great mom!!!

Tara said...

we had fun too! yay for visiting crazy places!

Monson Family said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! That is a crazy that huge hill. Seriously, crazy!

Sharon said...

Okay, Cyndi, that mountain is CRAZY! I have never seen anything likeit! I enjoyed catching up on your "catching up" posts! Glad to see that you're doing well. I wish I could have heard you sing in Church. I"m sure that will be happening ALOT!*S* Are you & Craig doing anything fun for Halloween? I love it!
Miss you and love you!