Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 27, 2008

Girls CAMP

About a month after we moved here I got called as the Young Women Girls Camp Director. Not being much of a camper (love the outdoors but love my bed too) it made me a little nervous. I worried that I wouldn't know what to do or get it all done as camp was fast approaching. Since I couldn't go the entire week myself and the old camp director split the week and the YW Pres. stayed the whole time. The drive up there was so fun, we all took turns asking a question and then we all answered...it sounds kind of lame but it was a great way to get to know each other better. Camp was actually really fun. It was so great to bond with the girls and play and have fun! My girls told me that I was so much fun because I am like one of them...and the other leaders thought so too...if I had a dollar for each time that someone said "I thought you were one of the girls" to me...OMGosh it started to drive me crazy and since I am the baby of the family and already have issuse about wanting to be older and hating being young (I know it's wierd but hey I'm the baby and there is a big gap...I have issues I know). But besides everyone thinking I am one of the kids it was fun. The food was actually really good and they had fruit salad with every meal...delicious. We had fun coming up with cheers to chant before each meal, we did a service project, went to the lake, and had some nice spiritual lessons. It was a great time and I loved getting to know the girls better. It was a GREAT experience and I am actually EXCITED for next year.The service project was to make blankets for kids who will be baptized in the Stake this year...it is supposed to be a "comforter" like the Holy Ghost will be to them.

3 comments:

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Oh, all the memories of MY girls camp came rushing in. Crazy times. Hope you had a great experience.

Tricia said...

You always loved camp so you make the perfect leader! I know the young thing people use to always do that to me to at work and call me a baby and talk about lame things that happened before my time just to make a joke about it! They are just so, so, so sad they are OLD!

Tara said...

so fun. glad you finally got pictures up before it's November...hahaha.
looks like you had fun, and did a GREAT JOB.