Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pound Puppy

Just for fun on Sunday (7/6) Craig and I went to the Animal Shelter to look at CATS and DOGS. Craig and I both LOVE cats and have always wanted one but we didn't know if we should get a cat now or not...for a few reasons, 1-in the future when we start to have kids I hear that prego's are not suppose to be around cats, 2-Also I guess cats are not suppose to be around baby's either, (so that is two huge things), 3-two of the guys who live with us are allergic to them. So, we decided to also look at dogs while we were there too. We have always said that if we ever get a dog we want a small dog...something that can be inside and hopefully not so stinky! So at the shelter there were these cute puppy's only 2 months old and they were mini-Dachshund (weenier dog) and chihuahua mixed together. It was a litter of 5...2 girls and 3 boys. We thought they were really cute and since we got there right before they closed we had to come back on Tuesday (they are closed Mondays). So on Tuesday at about 11 we went back to look at those puppies...We soon found out that there were not adoptable until Wednesday and that the one that we wanted already had one hold on it. So we put the second hold on one of the girl puppies...she is so cute and has a heart on her head. So since we were the second hold we had to be their right at our time block (they give each person a one hour time block for their hold). So this morning we went there and she was already adopted! We were so sad. So both of the girls on one of the boys were adopted by the time we got to the pound, and mind you they have only been open for an hour! That tells you how cute these dogs are. So we asked about the two boys if they had any holds on them. They both had one hold each and one of them was up at NOON. So we stuck around until noon and GUESS WHAT? They never showed up! So we got to play with him and we ADOPTED HIM!!!!
He is so cute and such a fun loving character. His name is CRICKET! and he is 2 months old. We don't actually get him until Friday afternoon (he is getting neutered) but we are so excited to have him in our family!
Also, Tara and Allie went to the pound with us because they have been looking for a dog for a while now and I told her about these puppies so she is trying to get the other brother! But she is the second HOLD on it and the first hold is a ho-bag and made their hold from 5-6pm. So Tara and Allie are going to go back there tonight and try and get Cricket's brother. We are so hoping that it works out because that would be so much fun that Tara and I are sisters and our dogs are BROTHERS!!
After we saw them on Sunday we also started to look up info about both of those breads to find out more about them and when I did a search I found out that this mix is common and it actually had a name...they call them Chiweenie's or aka Mexican Hot Dogs! LOL I like it! So we have a little Chiweenie and he is SO CUTE!

Here is CRICKET! These were taken while we were playing with him at the animal shelter. They have a little room that they put you in with your adoptive puppy to see if you like them...and of course we LOVE him.My puppy loves me...and is already good at playing fetch!
Allie was loving Cricket...she kept on saying "my turn to hold the puppy" and she was talking about how the puppy can come over to her house and watch Ratatouille with her.
Proud papa! Craig loves Cricket. When I was on my way to the Animal Shelter with Tara later to look at puppies again Craig called me and said that he was jealous that I was going to see Cricket and that I should bring him a present..."like a big fluffy pillow" ...Craig is so sweet!
Me and my baby...he is so precious. He thinks that my arms are toys and tries to move them around with his paws.
There is our cute puppy...he loves people and wants you to come and meet him!!!!

10 comments:

Meredith said...

how fun! I am looking forward to pictures.

Sharon said...

Really!!??? That sounds fun but I had no idea that ya'll were wanting a dog. I guess when you find the right one it's best just to go for it. Now you need to get the Dog Whisperer's DVD and/or book and watch his shows. You might as well start out doing it the right way; If we ever do it again that's what we'll do. Enjoy your new puppy!!!!*S*

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Sooo Stinkin' cute! I love puppies but then they grow up to be dogs. And they're as much work as a baby so we've opted not to get one. But cricket is sooo cute and I'm sure he'll love his new home. I think he'll be quite spoiled there!

Sharon said...

Cricket is so cute! I know you can't wait to get him home and I do want to meet him sometime, but he'll be all grown up by the time I meet him! Have fun! By the way, Cyndi, your hair is getting so long! It looks good.

Tricia said...

I'll admit I was worried what this mix would look like but oh my goodness he is so stinkin' cute! We really can't wait to meet him. Can you bring him to Ventura? Please, please!

Conlin Family said...

He's sooo cute! I wish I could be there to see him. I'm glad you were able to get cricket from that litter! It's true that dogs are like having kids..it will be nice though that you have him from a puppy since they are much easier to train when puppies. Can't wait to see more pictures when you get him home!

Conlin Family said...

Just an FYI, our cousin Janet's husband put this on their blog...

Looking for someone to split $25,000 with...

We just got an email at work, that our CEO is needing to sell his house in Palm Springs, and is offering a $25,000 reward to the employee who helps him do it.
SO, If any of you know of someone who needs a house in Palm Springs, pass along to them this link:


http://www.photoshow.net/watch/Sp9Nf9DW

and tell them to mention Bright Builders Employee Sean Eyring if they buy the house, and I will split (percentages to be determined ;) the moolah with you!

Thanks!

Carly&Seth said...

CUTE!! that's so fun that you guys got a dog :) and yes we are planning on finding out the sex of the baby. we actually get to find out july 29th at my 20 week ultrasound. SO EXCITED!!

Janean said...

i love him! he is adorable! i wish i could come meet him...

Heather Anne said...

Hey there... Cricket is SO adorable!!!
Good move getting a dog... we had a cat when I was pregnant with Kayla and it got all jealous one night and attacked me... scratched my arms all up and stuff... :(