Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SOON TO BE COLLEGE GRADS!


Today as I was sitting at home doing homework and my phone rang with an unknown number. It ended up being a Faculty member from my school (LDS Business College). He said that I had been selected to be ONE of the TWO student speakers at our Commencement Ceremony! He of course then asked if I wanted to do it...and I said YES!!!! How could I pass up such a great opportunity!?!
The CRAZIEST part of all of this is that I did not apply to speak or try-out or anything...THEY sought me out and PICKED me!!!
It is just a short 4 minute talk but I'm so EXCITED! They said that I should reflect on my time at LDSBC and that I am to be the "voice" of all of the students. (I'll post my talk when I'm done). Also, the "guest speaker" at our Graduation is Elder L. Tom Perry!!!! How cool is that...I get to meet him and sit on the stage with him! Our graduation is going to be held at the Assembly Hall at Temple Square...I get to speak in a building built by the PIONEERS. We had our Stake Conference there and I thought that that was cool just being in there but now I get to speak from the pulpit! I am really excited!

Just had to share my good news...Craig and I are both excited to graduate together and then start our life in California!

8 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

Cyndi, I can't tell you how wonderful we think this is! What an amazing opportunity! I am so glad you called me so soon after they recruited you to speak....it was such an exciting and flabergasting phone conversation, we were both just like "ohmygosh" and "I can't believe this". Who would have thought we would ever go to a college graduation and hear one of our kids speak? We thought it was FABULOUS that we got to hear you sing at your high school graduation....but now this! We couldn't be happier! Imagine, speaking at a meeting on temple square! Absolutely AMAZING! You are quite a gal, Cyndi! We are PROUD of you in so many ways! Now we really can't wait till graduation! You will do a wonderful job representing your graduating class!!!!!

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Congrats Cyndi! That is so exciting!! You're more brave than I am. Although it is a once in a lifetime chance... I don't know that I'd want to talk in front of all those people. But that's why I wasn't chosen to speak at MY graduation. Props to you and let us know how it went!!

Jodi said...

Congrats! What a honor to be one of two students to speak at graduation. Enjoy your big day and take lots of photos (be sure to get one with L. Tom Perry).

Tricia said...

How fun! That should make the day extras stressful but extra special! When is it? We would like to see if we can come but am not sure. Let me know!

Sharon said...

Cyndi,
Congrats! Kent told me that Craig called home tonight and told him (I was selling lia sophia jewelry at a home show). I am so happy and excited for you!!! And we'll get to hear you in person *S* I know you will do a wonderful job; you are so good with words! What an exciting end to your college experience. I am truly very happy for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monson Family said...

So much fun! Yeah! Congrats! It will be so much fun to be done with school! YIPPPEEEEE!

Conlin Family said...

Congrats! That's so exciting and such a compliment that they picked you! You will do a great job. I'm not sure if we will be able to make it. Either way I'm excited for you and Craig to graduate! =) Tell him hi for me!