Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Visiting an Oasis


This is Craig's first post ever and maybe his last depending on the amount of comments from friends, family, and strangers (so please comment if you want Craig to ever post anything else ever again.

Today we decided to drive out to the mountains of the desert to look for the San Andreas fault line. You know, the place where earthquakes begin because of the shift in the earth's crust and the point where California will crash into the ocean. It turns out we live 15 minutes on the west side of the fault line (I wish I knew that before we moved here..)

A long story short, Devin, Cyndi, and I were driving through the desert and we saw all of these palm trees grouped together like a mini-tropical rain forest so we decided to venture through the jungle. We practically needed macheties to cut through the dark abyss of brush. We never did find the fault line but next time we will.

9 comments:

Gramma Stewie said...

So glad to see you do a post! I LOVE the picture of the 'forest' there in the desert. It looks cool! Hey, you are such a creative writer, I love to read how you express yourself....I could almost picture myself there in the jungle (I forgot my macheti though). Stick with posting, it suits you well. And when the 'big one' comes, if we fall off into the deep blue sea...at least we know how to swim. Let's keep a life jacket by the door (for safety). hehehehehe

Jodi said...

How could I resist leaving a comment? Great first post Craig. I look forward to many more to come.

PS-Your little oasis is cool. Too bad about the fault line. Better luck next time...

Chrissie said...

Keep 'em coming, Craig!

Conlin Family said...

Scary you live so close to the fault line. It looks like Cricket also enjoyed your oasis. Good post by the way and hope you guys are doing well!
You need to come up to Walla Walla between Aug. 26th and Sept. 11th!

Sharon said...

Great post, Craig! I know it's always nice for people to leave comments on your blog; it shows they care!*S* I love this photo! And...let's not talk too much about how close ya'll live to the fault line! Yikes!

Sharon said...

Go check out Amy & Charlie's blog. They have photos from the cake competition; it looks like it was fun!

Emily said...

Way to go Craig! You need to come give Jeff some encouragement and lessons! That place that you are at with the huge trees looks gorgeous! You guys are too cute.

Tara said...

Cyndi, you've been tagged. Check my blog for more details.

Craig, nice job on posting on the blog...something Jon has YET to do on ours! Now tell Cyndi it's time for a new post, this one's been up for awhile. Ü

Tara said...

Time for a new post!
Just wanted to let you guys know that there's a "virtual thank you" on my blog for you.