Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Ticket


Last night (2/20/08) after a long day at school and not much sleep the night before, having just come home from California, I picked Craig up after class to run some erronds and we needed to go to the bank. I usually go to one down town but Craig goes to one on North Temple but far west. So as I was coming up on North Temple Craig said "right, right, turn right" so I did...I was already tired and frustrated from the day and then that bugged me too b/c I think the one downtown is closer and Craig thinks the other one is closer. So, I was mad and started to speed...there is a bridge and on the other side of the bridge there was a cop and it was a down hill bridge so of course it got even faster. Anyway...long story short I got a speeding ticket and it was my first ticket EVER! I thought that he might let me go b/c I don't have a record...but no luck. But he did lower what I was actually going over the speed limit. It's so annoying that they don't write the ticket amount on the ticket you never know how much it is. I still need to call the number so we'll see how much it is.
Thats my sad story...I now have a DRIVING RECORD!

6 comments:

Monson Family said...

That's so trajic! I am so sorry!

Tricia said...

Stupid cops don't they have anything better to do!! Don't feel to bad I just got my first ticket after I told him I was a wife of a Metro officer he told me, "I hope you have a better day!" The nerve of these cops but I told him I wouldn't and thanks a lot! I just went to court and talked to a judge and got it to a parking ticket. Give me a call and we'll give you the cop advice of getting it cleared!

Tara said...

Poor Cyndi. Sounds like Tricia's got some good "inside information!"

THE SAWYER FAM said...

Oh man... that stinks!! But hey if that's your 1st one then that's pretty good. My first one was at 17. Sad I know. Hopefully, it won't be too much. Good Luck!

Gramma Stewie said...

First of all: Tricia I couldn't stop laughing as I read your comment...staring out "stupid cop"...the irony of that, just cracked me up.

Cyndi...THAT IS frustrating! Hey, did you take that picture when you were actually stopped? You thought of blogging your ticket as it happened? One amazing gal! I hate spending money on stuff like that (actually anything to do with cars...repairs, tires, brakes, etc.)

I got my first ticket when my Mom told me to change lanes on the freeway and it was foggy (I think it was too quickly to head off on an exit and wasn't safe). I told him I was just obeying my mom...who said "now, now". He didn't care...I was the driver. So our first tickets are similar. I was still in high school, so my parents paid for mine. Sorry you have a RECORD now. You are a good driver though. :)

Sharon said...

Cyndi, I am just a little behind on my blogging! Did you actually this of the cop car as he was writing up your ticket? I think you are a little addicted to blogging!*S* Sorry you got a ticket; though. I cannot even remember my first ticket; that was a long time ago and quite a few tickets in between!*S* It's not a fun feeling to see those lights in your rearview mirror!